This study was much like the last. We started with an underpainting using “wild” colors. Then, using a full palette, we daubed on color to create an impressionistic style. I rarely mixed colors, but instead simply daubed on light colors next to bright to lighten them, or daubed on dark colors next to bright to darken them. It was very fast, maybe 9 hours all together – 3 to do the underpainting and 6 to do the actual picture. It would have been fewer hours but I got a bit tripped up by the water. I was mostly worried that the water would stop being water if I did the wrong thing. It took a while to realize that water is still water no matter what.
Friday Class Quick Study – Version II